Tuesday, March 1, 2011

"Don't Think Twice it's Alright" ----------Suze Rotolo dies @ 67

               Bob Dylan's muse Suze Rotolo dies at 67

Andy Greene
RollingStone.com

Suze Rotolo, Bob Dylan's girlfriend in the early-Sixties, who walked arm-in-arm with the songwriter on the iconic cover of "The Freehweelin' Bob Dylan," died Feb. 24 after a long illness. She was 67. 

Find: More Bob Dylan news, video and photos

Rotolo was the muse behind many of Dylan's early love songs, including "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right," "Boots of Spanish Leather" and "Tomorrow Is a Long Time." She was just 17 when they began dating in 1961, shortly after Dylan arrived in New York City. "I once loved a woman, a child I'm told," he wrote in "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right." "I gave her my heart, but she wanted my soul

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

     "So long Honey Babe" Where I'm bound I can't tell, Goodbye is to good a word Babe,.........So I'll just say 'Fare thee Well'          --Bob Dylan      RIP Suze (the muse)

3 comments:

john allison said...

I have never been a Bob Dylan fan. But the last couple of weeks I have listened to two of his songs. I listened to the words and was very moved by some of the words he sang. Amazing!!!!

Les F said...

I can fully understand not being a fan of some artists,but I have always liked Dylan's stuff (but not in the past decade,since he usually was almost incoherent,.However he did write some interesting stuff,....It's funny how we can change our minds on likes & dislikes over the years.
Dylan also wrote Blowin in the Wind ,.another song I think is good ( jmho)
Cheers !! HF&RV

Les F said...

Winston you might get a kick out of this, I'm just reading a book called 'Without Hesitation' by Hugh Shelton General (ret) 14th Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff.
The first Two songs he ever learned to play on his guitar were Folsom Prison Blues-Johnny Cash
and 'Blowing in the Wind' --Bob Dylan
It struck me as funny that who would become the top military guy,was playing one a Bob Dylan song , two: it was essentialy a Peace Movement song......
However I believe he thought it was done by Peter,Paul & Mary (which it was,but written by Dylan)
ps : It's on page 38 of the book, if you ever want to read it, Cheers !! HF&RV