Sunday, March 22, 2009

Atwater Monster

                                                                                                                                            I have found additional information on the Atwater Monster, remember the Atwater bus with the 8 wheels, 4 in front and 4 in back that operated from 1927 to 1934 and that broke in two wich ended its carreer, well I found the enclosed Oct. 7th 1954 Guardian article yesterday wich adds a little more lite as described in the text below the attached photo. I am also including the bus schedule wich J.M. contributed.  I was only  4 years old when the bus broke in two and naturetly can't remember the even and I am sure most members never heard about it but it is good to know about these events that shaped Verdun's history. Follow the green line: Atwater to Verdun ave. to riverview up to Lasalle and back.

Guy

No comments: