Sunday, September 28, 2008

Lookie what I got! :-)

I haven't been here in quite awhile, work and hubby and daughter keep me busy but I have popped in and read from time to time! I'll try to do a bit better, I promise!
Those of you who remember me know that I now live in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia but up until 5 years I had lived all of my life in Verdun.
I try my very best to visit home at least once a year, my 2 older kids who are in their 20's still live there, my daughter on 3rd Ave. and my son just recently moved into the apartments on the corner of Verdun and Galt right across the street from where my old elementary school used to be. But I digress-
2 or 3 years ago on one of my trips home, while walking on Wellington Street, I noticed all of the stores had these great signs in their windows - it was a promotion to try to get people to shop on Wellington more. The signs said J'ai l' a Verdun and oh boy I wanted one so badly to take home with me and stick on my spare bedroom wall! Because my heart will ALWAYS be in Verdun.  I went store to store pleading with each of the salespeople/owners to let me have one of the signs or at least let me BUY one, I'd have paid up to 20$ for each of them...lol. But nobody would give me one or sell me one.
Last week I received a package in the mail from my son and his girlfriend and look what was IN IT!!!  Along with stickers and magnets all bearing the same logo! And CRISPY CRUNCH choclate bars!
 
 
YAY!!!

2 comments:

guy5479 MSN said...

Sharon, That logo was copied from "I love New York". The Verdun version should read "J'ai l'Amour de Verdun" or J'aime Verdun and why not "J'ai fait l'amour à Verdun" Guy

les__f MSN said...

Cool sign Sharon & Welcome back good to hear from you & know that all is well..................  Cheers Kid !!!                                         HF&RV