Tuesday, January 23, 2007

JOHN C. UNDERWOOD

From the Montreal Gazette,- January 23, 2007.
 
At the Royal Victoria Hospaital on Saturday January 20,2007. aged 78 years. Father of John and Bruce (Cathy). Brother of Joyce Smith. Funeral on Wednesday, January 24, 2007 at 11am in St.Clements Church.
 
I have never met this man personally but have heard from friends who spoke highly of him. I have often read his letters to the Editor in Tthe Gazette which were always insightful, sensible and well represented Verdun.  Perhaps some of our members know more.                                                            Ed

1 comment:

sabby MSN said...

Oh no!  I never met him either but he used to send his letters to Dialogue also, an anglophone publication I wrote for 1989-1998.  What I loved about him is that he was frank and honest and said it as he saw it.  He could not be silenced!  I know he made people think.  So sorry to hear this.  My condolences to the family.   Dolly