Tuesday, September 19, 2006

First date Jitters.

In 1955 I had one memorable date with a drop dead gorgeous teenager
with long silky strawberry blond hair, who I think I met at a Verdun
High School dance in the gym. I remember the sound of her name alone
was enough to cause my 15 year old heart immediately to erupt into
convulsions. God she was so cute! Her name was Judy Roy, and she
lived on west end of Verdun in the newer avenues. I walked from 2nd
Avenue to pick her up (I would have walked to La chine for her), and
brought her back to a friend's flat down the avenue from me for what
was supposed to be party. She couldn't leave fast enough. A few
possible reasons why I was horribly rejected: 1. she didn't care for
the environment of the east end, or 2. I was a dork for not having a
motorcycle or at least bus fare. Oh well, life's a journey. Judy,
where ever you are, I send you love.
Bill

5 comments:

biking2006 MSN said...

Bitter sweet recollections of boyhood in the greatest city, Verdun Quebec.
Much aloha Judy.
Bill

shirleybh2 MSN said...

Hey Bill - her loss you turned into a prince.

biking2006 MSN said...

What a charming surprise! Thank you dear lady.
Bill

rainy day man MSN said...

You only got rejected "Once!!!".....    

biking2006 MSN said...

Come on Rainy Day, let's hear your first date jitters. I'm sure you, as well as every Verdunite, has a story to tell.
S.A.