Friday, August 11, 2006

Once upon a time



Once upon a time

~~~~~~~~

in a land far away,

~~~~~~~~

a beautiful, independent,
self-assured princess

~~~~~~~~

happened upon a frog as she sat
contemplating ecological issues
on the shores of an unpolluted pond
in a verdant meadow near her castle.

~~~~~~~~

The frog hopped into the princess' lap
and said:
" Elegant Lady,
I was once a handsome prince,
until an evil witch cast a spell upon me.

~~~~~~~~

One kiss from you, however,
and I will turn back
into the dapper, young prince that I am

~~~~~~~~
and then, my sweet, we can marry

~~~~~~~~

and set up housekeeping in your castle

~~~~~~~~

with my mother,

~~~~~~~~

where you can prepare my meals,

~~~~~~~~

clean my clothes, bear my children,

~~~~~~~~

and forever feel

grateful and happy doing so. "
~~~~~~~~
That night,
~~~~~~~~
as the princess dined sumptuously
~~~~~~~~
on lightly sauteed frog legs
~~~~~~~~
seasoned in a white wine
~~~~~~~
and onion cream sauce,
~~~~~~~~
she chuckled and thought to herself:
~~~~~~~~
I don't freakin' think so.




3 comments:

winnie3ave MSN said...


Bill. Yes, woman are the gentle creatures. EXCEPT that there is no fury like that of a woman scorned......... Ya gotta love 'em, EH!!!!!!!!!!!!

secondave MSN said...


Can't live with them and you can't shoot them. Just kidding. I spent my career at sea so I appreciate female company today. God bless the gentler sex. Did I make any points here yet?S.A.

mom1945-linda MSN said...

Second Ave  Yup a few brownie points, but don't stop now!!!  More....more.....more   Cheers.