Monday, July 10, 2006

Prepare to be Bored! haha Warning! Montreal Vacation Pics!

Okies, I thought it was time to share a few from the hundreds of photos that hubby and I took...lol. No lie. I had to empty my memory card onto 3 CD's at WalMart so I could fill it up again with more haha and hubby bought an extra card for his digital camera.
Well, our visit was awesome to say the least.  As I had said, we picked up my oldest daughter in Ville Lasalle on our way thru to the Laurentians. Was supposed to be my son as well but his band got an unexpected gig so he was delayed and joined us 2 days later. The cottage was absolutely WONDERFUL. It's location was superb, right on the lake as promised...
 
 
Yours truly on the dock
 
 
The view I was looking at: Lac de la Montagne
 
 
My youngest daughter and my son in the pedalboat
 
 
and it was HUGE and comfy.
 
 
Our truck in front of the cottage
 
 
My oldest girl on the back deck
 
Just a 10 minute drive found us in the business district of Ste. Agathe which was definitely handy too.
 
 
Main St - Ste. Agathe
 
It rained half the time, we had one WILD 10 min. hailstorm too!
 
 
My daughter's hand after she scooped up some of the hail...lol
 
 but most of the rain was at night and even when it rained during the day, the sun came out immediately after so we had no complaints. To make it short and sweet - a great time was had by every one of us.
 
 
Hubby's 1st catch
 
One week there and then early on the morning of July 1st we headed to Montreal to celebrate Canada Day!
 
 
Happy Birthday, Canada!
 
 
You got THAT right!
 
We had such a great time!
 
 
Me on the roof of our hotel looking at my wonderful city
 
I did of course but peeps, bear in mind that my hubby is one of those sweet naive little country boys haha - he....had....a...blast! He now loves Montreal just as much as I do and hated to leave as much as I did. We did the parade...the cake...the Old Port and fireworks.
 
 
Shriners on BIKES!!
 
 
My hubby - the Canadian wannabe hehe
 
 
Waiting in line for my piece of cake!
 
 
Just one of  "da cakes"
 
 
Some people are EXTREMELY patriotic! hehe (not that there's anything wrong with that)
 
 
Just one of what I thought was an amazing fireworks show!
 
We visited my brother whom my husband had not yet met. We ate at Ben's Deli - hubby said he has absolutely NEVER had a sandwich like that in his life! And I don't care what anyone says - I LOVE Ben's smoked meat!
 
 
Hubby looking at the "wall of fame" in Ben's
 
And we did the Jazzfest, where my small town man was treated to some of Montreal's finest hospitality haha!.
 
 
                                    Hmmmmm.....don't have a comment for this one...lol
 
                              My poor deprived husband hahaha                                    
 
I will end this with one last pic and the thought I pondered when I saw this...
I thought it was a bit "ironic" that a "contact dance" club was located just above a MATERNITY store! LOL
 
 
What, does the hubby go get a dance first, get all worked up, go home get wifey pregnant and then send her to that boutique?
*Walks away looking up at the air, whistling....lol....*

23 comments:

sandy19465 MSN said...

This message has been deleted by the author.

sandy19465 MSN said...

This message has been deleted by the author.

sharon_starr MSN said...

Thanks for the confirmation, Sandy, I thought that's what it was...lol. And you're right, it's the park at Atwater actually called Cabot Square - just across the street from the Children's Hospital.

sharon_starr MSN said...

>>>>> theMcIntyre building (literally, 'building') roughly 1964........................................ Have Fun & Remember Verdun   Nice to see a university,actually doing something 'constructive' for a change.........hahahaha<<<<     Haha...fun guy Les hehe Fun...gi. If you're saying that "round building in the background" is the McIntyre Building then you're right, Les. Ages ago...one of my very first jobs I believe...was at the McIntyre Animal Sciences Building.
Oi...some of the things I saw there would kncok you for a loop let me tell ya....
Darn MSN is confuzzling me again...lol..putting replies in the wrong section as it often does!

les__f MSN said...

I couldn't seem to add the picture ,and changed topics headings,.to try it,..but it kept saying that 'you ca't contiue 'scripts'  on that page...........I have posted the McIntyre picture before with no problem,...but ended up having to add it as an attachment??? I have no idea why,.....but it some how was recognizing the picture as 'scripts' and MSN doesn't allow scripts to work with their program,,,,,,again I 'm not sure why,....   well how's that I just tried this different shot of the same building and it allowed me to post it here in the message,,,,,,,and under your prfered heading...........hahahaha Beats me ?.............msn mysteries................hahahaha   Anyway Sharon there's aan aerial view for you including the rest of the City  too..................                                havefunandrememberverdun

multipurposeutensil MSN said...

Sharon, nothing boring about these shots, I enjoyed them very much.....felt like I was on Vacation.......for free.....(you like that too eh Les?)...last winter when my Dad was in the Royal Vic, I took a few photos of this McGill building, it is a very intriguing design. When it was first built, was it not an apartment building? This memory sticks in my mind, but I don't know why. Anyway, here are my pics...... ...it was cold then....mpu.

jmhachey MSN said...

Hi Sharon ! Thank you very much for all the photos of your Montreal vacation. Exciting ! (not boring at all)   JM

razzy MSN said...

i never sent any photos but your welcome
The best gets better. See why everyone is raving about the All-new Yahoo! Mail.

sharon_starr MSN said...

LOL! Ummmm....I'm willing to bet that JM meant ME, razzy.   And in that case, you ARE very welcome, JM hehe Glad I didn't bore ya! I guess I kinda hope I have a little bit of my Dad in me somewhere too. He was a professional photographer.

winnie3ave MSN said...

Sharon. Wonderful pictures. Thank you. Winston Allison

mom1945-linda MSN said...

Great pictures....especially like the Ste. Agathe ones.    Cheers.

happydi2 MSN said...

Love the pictures........now I am really homesick!!!   Dianne

les__f MSN said...

Hi Mom,.did I miss some pics,? Where were the StAgathe pictures? I looked back through a few msgs but didn't see them   and Sharon we have a busker in our Inner Harbour,that paints himself completely white ,and stands still like a statue,.and people don't know if he's real or not,.and he too startles the tourists when he moves,.....but I don't think he foes the hugging thing..hahahaha   HF&RV

kungfu MSN said...

Sharoin , fantastic and thak you very much for sharing , you have made my day   Jimmy

mom1945-linda MSN said...

Les_F   Just after the pics of our gal on the water/deck is a pic of downtown Ste.Agathe (I think).   Cheers

winnie3ave MSN said...


Sharon. I keep going back and looking at those pictures. They remind me of Goldon Lake in Val David, and Lac Renaud. And Val Morin. Thank you so much. They are NOT BORRRRRINGGGGGG!!!!, that's for sure. Winston Allison

les__f MSN said...

Well Mom45   you are right for sure,....I don't know how I missed those pictures as I posted msg's & a pic or two after it,......but I scrolled back up the thread, and finally saw all the pics ,you guys were talking about........I usually see all the content ,but somehow the 1st post in the thread ,I obviously missed,...although I did see the pictures of Downtown Montreal,......and the McIntyre building,....etc etc ,..........now that I have seen them ,.....I have to concur that Sharon is a 'chip off her oldmans block'.........keep taking pics Sharon,......and Remember you can Never have too many pictures,of anything or anyone,.......one day you will wish you had them & more..... Now .............by any chance did your Dad have any pics tucked away ,of those 'elusive cows'..............hahahahahhaa   I know you would have had pics of them if you were in charge then....................                                                       HF&RV

sharon_starr MSN said...

Thanks for all the kind comments, everyone.  Glad I didn't bore anyone and that you enjoyed them. I guess it coulda been worse - slideshow at my house haha. And ALL of the pics!   I have one last one I'd like a critique on, don't worry haha I can take it. In the Laurentians, mist rising off the lake. I took it at sunrise....can you see the spider web?      

sharon_starr MSN said...

Here's a link to the same pic but almost full size and uncropped. I had to crop the pic because stupid me took it with my husband's digital camera and not my own. But he prefers the date-stamp mode to be ON where as I've found it has ruined many a shot so i keep it OFF on mine. I still think the pic looks better the bigger it is tho...   http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/906/dscn33000ng.jpg

mom1945-linda MSN said...

Excellent sunrise & spiderweb....brilliantly captured.   Here's one I took about 2 weeks ago down near California at sunset.....get it....sunrise/sunset....hey that's the name of a song isn't it?   Here goes:    

sandy19465 MSN said...

This message has been deleted by the author.

sandy19465 MSN said...

This message has been deleted by the author.

sharon_starr MSN said...

Thank you ladies Linda, that pic is simply awesome. You can almost feel the heat, ya know? I think the sun looks like a spot of molten lava.   *Sandy, yes I am normally up and at 'em by 5:15 a.m. I live on a farm so I guess that says it all haha.  And even while away from the farm on vacation my internal clock still keeps it's rhythm. I can't even sleep in if I want to.