Sunday, June 11, 2006

ZIPLOC OMELETE

I haven't tried this yet. Not too sure about a freezer bag and
boiling water.
S.A.

(This works great!! Good for when all your family is
together. The best part is that no one has to wait for their special
omelets).
Have guests write their name on a Quart-size Ziploc freezer bag with
permanent marker.
Crack 2 eggs (large or extra-large) into the bag (not more than 2)
shake to combine them. Put out a variety of ingredients such as:
cheeses, ham, onion, green pepper, tomato, hash browns, salsa, etc.
Each guest adds prepared ingredients of choice to their bag
and shake.
Make sure to get the air out of the bag and zip it up.
Place the bags into rolling, boiling water for exactly 13 minutes.
You can usually cook 6-8 omelet's in a large pot. For more, make
another pot of boiling water.
Open the bags and the omelets will roll out easily. Be prepared for
everyone to be amazed. Nice to serve with fresh fruit and coffee
cake; everyone
get involved in the process and a great conversation piece.
Imagine having these ready the night before, and putting the bag in
boiling water while you get ready. And in 13 minutes, you have a
nice omelet for a quick breakfast!



9 comments:

shirleybh2 MSN said...

Sounds like something to try but I think that you need to beat the eggs before adding them to the bag - if it works no mess in the pan to clean up.

margo MSN said...

 
 
You don't need to break the eggs follow instructions and they turn
Out just great, I have tried this receipe.
Margo

cookie3773 MSN said...

Bill........Checked with the Pharmacist  here and they say plastic and food not a good combo. But as we know,  this advice might change down the road, like everything else....One day it's BAD for you, the next it's GOOD for you........go figure !!   cookie

secondave MSN said...

I understand freezer bags are tough. You can take them directly out
of the freezer and put them in the microwave. At least that is what
is advertised. I don't have any eggs, so I haven't tried it. I hit
Costco tomorrow so I will buy some and give it a go.
S.A.

sharon_starr MSN said...

I am definitely trying this when I am up north of Montreal in a little less than 2 weeks! hahaha  We'll be at the cottage on the lake and like hell I'll wanna do dishes, eh?  I'll let ya's know how it turns out hehe maybe even take some pics for ya!

shirleybh2 MSN said...

No eggs!!!!  I think that this is ideal for making breakfast for more than one - this way everyone gets to eat at the same time.  Got to love that. Now I wish that I knew the secret for making scrambled eggs in the microwave and not have them stick to the bowl.

sharon_starr MSN said...

PAM works for that.

redmond2349 MSN said...

SecondAve...you haven't laid an egg in your life? Steve

rutharmstrong MSN said...

ShirleyBH2,  I agree about beating the eggs before adding to the ziploc bag. I don't think shaking alone would break to yolk and blend completely. To my omelets or scrambled eggs I like to add a little milk or if I have 1/2 & 1/2 on hand that works too. I am going to try this just for myself. Quick and easy  and you don't have  to watch it. As for the scrambled eggs in the microwave, use one of those pan sprays, and don't over cook, At least that is what I have found to add to the problem of sticking Ruth