Tuesday, May 30, 2006

We were so happy

Toys , we mde our own out of tin cans , and anything available , imagine , using ciggy  boxes with clothes pins to make noise on the spokes of our bicycle wheels , penny candy , walked everywhere , drank water from the TAP , pin the tail on the Donkey , spin the bottle , sometimes in the dark , whooopeeee , oh what a great childhood , now that I reflect, and basically compared to todays world I had not much , lots of  love , roof over my head and the world to explore , Vive Verdun , what about you ?????

2 comments:

multipurposeutensil MSN said...

Kunfu, We were not well off by any means, but always had a place to live, food to eat, love from my parents, (and my sister too I guess). Had a few toys that are worth remembering.....electric trains, lego, Johnny Seven, and my favorite, a Mustang Bicycle, complete with high handlebars, 3 speed stick shift. bana seat, and a slick rear tire.....only problem, I was a ''little bit'' too heavy for this type of bike, so it spent a lot of time at Wolfe Cycle having broken spokes replaced......mpu.

frank leigh MSN said...

Wolfe Cycle!!!! Now there is a name from the past! The countless hours I spent gazing in the window at the nifty dark green Raleigh bikes for sale = they might as well have been on the moon, even if they were only about $69.  Periodically I would go in the store to buy a flashlight holder or something similar so I could use it on my own old bike, a hand-me-down of course. This was in the late 40s, early 50s Frank Leigh