Saturday, March 25, 2006

Remembering Clement King

When I was knee high to a grasshopper (early 70's) living on Egan there was a guy across the street we got to know well he was an artist named Clement King who has now passed away. My father still has a painting he made for him in the living room. Clement painted around Verdun and if my memory is correct painted the walls in Viva Pizza (desert scene) used to be on the corner of Osbourne and Verdun Ave. He drove around in an old early 60's Ford panel van painted in jungle scenes and animals on it.....he was quite a character. Anyone remember?

3 comments:

Dianne said...

Clem was my mother's cousin. He was certainly a character. He lived with my Aunt and after she and my grandparents died we kinda lost track, in the late 70's. Do you know when he died?

Dianne said...

Clem was my mother's cousin. He lived with my great aunt, and when she and my grandparents died we lost track of him. He was certainly a character. Thanks for this memory.
Do you know when he died?

Dianne said...

Clem was my mother's cousin. He lived with my great aunt, and when she and my grandparents died we lost track of him. He was certainly a character. Thanks for this memory.
Do you know when he died?