Wednesday, February 8, 2006

Montral Landmarks- Sherwin Williams Paint Sign

Les_F,
Checked the Bibliotheque National du Québec site and sure enough your picture of Monkland Boul is shown with additional information. There is talk that perhaps a booklet showing the  before and present pictures of Verdun landmarks that were recently displayed at the Verdun Library may be published. If so, I will keep everyone informed.
Do you or other members remember the Sherwin Williams Paint Co. sign on Atwater between Centre and St Patrick. It consisted of a gallon of paint being poored on planet earth and hung above the street. We would contemplate that sign waiting in traffic when the bridge was open to let the boats pass. It would be nice to see a picture of that sign.
Guy

2 comments:

mom1945-linda MSN said...

Guy5479   I have often seen that trademark paint sign, but not in conjunction with the Montreal landmark.  I'm not absolutely positive, but I believe I heard that the building that housed Sherwin Williams was  converted to lofts or condos.   Just goes to show that we should constantly be taking pictures of landmarks as sometimes familiarity makes them not seem so important, a very good example of which is the 3-D cows.  Most of us had seen them for years, and while not important at the time, are now proving to be very elusive.   I'm going to stay tuned to see if anyone presents a picture of that Sherwin Williams Paint sign.   Cheers.

tommy MSN said...

Guy ...yes, I remember that sign over the overpass. I used to go to the Centre theatre when I was a kid because everywhere else you had to be 16 and they let us in at 14. Later when I first worked in an office, I took the bus everyday so saw the sign every morning.
Tommy