Thursday, January 12, 2006

Verdun Hangouts

Talking about the Pool Hall on Hickson & Wellington, I used to hang there with a friend who was a pool shark, Bob Hainey.......He could play a really good game of pool......In those days, guys like Tony P. used to play everyday when he was in town, with Bob McArdle, Freddie Clermont, & quite a few other guys that were a bit older & more Worldly than we were....They were always very entertaining, with the way they used to talk.....Tony P. taught me that it was O.K. to call a guy "Darlin", his favourite name for everyone.....That was in the early sixties I believe.....I once left the Pool hall with a friend on his Motorcycle & we drove all the way to Laconia N.H. for only one day.......I have forgotten his name.....Although Jimmy Hendry would know it....He thought we were nuts......We had very little CASH.....But we went anyway.......What Spirit we had in those days.....

No comments: