Monday, January 9, 2006

The Pav.


Hey Everyone, Today is the first day back from my Christmas Vacation, & I
already need a rest from my two or almost three week vacation......Speaking
of "The Pav" when our gang or crowd hung out their, the restaurant wasn't
always open, I used to think that whoever ran this place was not looking for
business. The place itself was very cool, the park was always busy with
folks, the Tennis Club close by was a place that I favoured. We hardly
stayed & hung around for very long, we were always driving off to some other
place, like the, I hope I'm saying it or writing it correctly, "The Twoit or
Troit Blue", on the way to Plattsburgh N.Y. The Motorcycle crowd hung out
their, & it was always jumping, with Rock-N-Roll in the late Fifties & early
sixties.....It always appeared to me that we were a restless crowd, always
looking for something else to do....The dance at the Y on Tuesday nights,
the Dance at Dompolski Hall in the Point on Friday nights & the Boys & Girls
club in the Point, with Mike Stevens from CJAD on Saturday nights......Our
time was always filled with much too much to do........Then we discovered
"Girls" in the early sixties,, suddenly the working on our Cars, or
Motorcycles or playning Sports wasn't so "Kewl"......The question I have is
where were the "Drugs" in those days, or was it our activities that kept
most of us "Drugged".......


Norman


No comments: