Monday, January 9, 2006

Remembering Verdun.

Hi Cookie, I think this post will be sent to the wrong thread, but
anyways so be it. I've read the 3 Frank McCourt books including his
latest 'Teacher Man'. The Irish Catholic Church has made some important
changes since McCourt's day in Ireland. Also his brother wrote a few
books which are easy reading. I'll check out Brendan O'Carroll. Thanks
for the tip.
Second Avenue.

A God who allowed Christians to believe that they were better than
savages was a God he wanted no part of.
- Mark Twain.

2 comments:

cookie3773 MSN said...

Hi Bill,  Thanks...I think Franks brother wrote "TIS" which I didn't find that great. I am also reading The Mammy by Brandan McCarroll..it's difficult not to roll out of bed at night in a fit of laughter! Oh, and way to go with your new diet..you seem to be doing so well..keep it up!! cookie

secondave MSN said...

I ordered 'The mammy' from Amazon. Should have it by the 15th.
Anything Irish is my cup of tea.
Second Avenue.


"If you wish in this world to advance,
your merits you're bound to enhance;
you must stir it and stump it,
and blow your own trumpet,
Or trust me, you haven't a chance."
... Gilbert and Sullivan