Monday, January 30, 2006

Hockey tournament Auditorium yesterday

Grandson playing in tournament in  Verdun Auditorium yesterday, we left Ile Perrot, it was snowing lightly , along the 20 , heading for champlain bridge, turned off at Verdun exit and came to Church ave. near aqui , yup  two water holes are still there, taverns that is, turned down Galt and headed for LaSalle Blvd , turned left and passed new St hubert, with timmys not far away , went into the audi , and memories came flooding back, what a wonderful place, everything was bi lingual , and the friendship was outstanding, it made me so proud to be a Verdunite , grandsons team beat Cote St Luc , 3  to  0  and he scored the 3 goals, talk about a swollen chest, we were so well entertained and looked after by the Verdun people running the tournament, fantastic after noon . it was snowing when we left the arena , went up Church past Wellington  ,  Verdun and Bannantyne aves , over aqui , turned right and got on expressway along 20 to Ile Perrot , what a way to spend a Sunday afternoon, hope you enjoyed my day , next game  is  thursday evening at 5 30 , if you want me to check anything out for you just let me know,    hang tough   Jimmy Nairn ex  253 3rd ave. York 7143   hahaha , have wonderfull day   jim

6 comments:

jmhachey MSN said...

Hi Jim (kungfu) ! I enjoyed your picturesque description of your visit at Verdun Auditorium. Congratulations to your grandson ! BTW, what is the name of this Verdun team ? Jean-Marie Hachey, ex 3812 Ethel, POntiac 2096. Have a nice day ! JM

redmond1949 MSN said...

This message has been deleted by the author.

regtheretiree1 MSN said...

Hi Kungfu,   Congratulations to your grandson for the hattrick. Maybe he will be able to help the Toronto Maple Leafs soon.   No mention of a parking ticket this time so I guess you are a fast learner.   Reggie Paine

regtheretiree1 MSN said...

Hi Kungfu,   I guess I forgot to put in my phone number. Our first phone was on Claude St and was a Hemlock number. Only God knows that because I certainly can't remember. But the family moved to 260 Third Avenue and the phone number was York 0980. Not a good number as there was an oil company whose number was 0890 and there was many a call throughout the night for oil deliveries.   Also thanks for the ride in from Ile Perrot and also thanks to Steve for the photos.   Reggie Paine

kungfu MSN said...

Hi J M , HOckey tournament is one of the best in the province for Atom hockey players  9 and 10 years old , my grandson plays for Ile Perrot , I shall find out the name of the Verdun team for you , these are the best players in the province , in that catagory , jimmy   Now Reg , did you actually say Maple Leafs , like , sausages, come on now my third ave friend, you surely ment Canadians , hahahaha, I love everything about Montreal , always have always will , I am 100% Canadian and wear a jacket with Canada on the front, black with maple leaf on front, and they dont try this old guy , Verdun gave me my start and I shall die defending CANADA   Jimmy

kungfu MSN said...

Well Verdun came out our way and beat us 3 2  , by the way J M H , The Verdun team is named  Verdun Leafs