Monday, January 2, 2006

Arrived in Paris












       An elderly gentleman of 83 arrived in Paris by plane. At the
>French customs desk, the man took a few minutes to locate his passport in
>his  carry-on bag.
>           "You have been to France before, monsieur?" the customs officer
>asked,  sarcastically.
>           The elderly gentleman admitted he had been to France previously.
>           "Then you should know enough to have your passport ready."
>           The American said, "The last time I was here, I didn't have to
>show  it."
>           "Impossible. Americans
always
have to show your passports on
>arrival  in  France!"
>           The American senior gave the Frenchman a long hard look. Then he
>quietly explained. "Well, when I came ashore at Omaha Beach on D-Day in
>1944 to help liberate this country, I couldn't find any Frenchmen to  show
>it to."

3 comments:

mom1945-linda MSN said...

Hi winnie3ave   You had me jealous there for a moment.  I thought YOU were in Paris.   Cheers.

verdunreader9 MSN said...

Whoops! You caught me too Winston! Art

rainy_day_man_44 MSN said...

yup!!!.caught me too