Friday, November 11, 2005

Great Remembrance Video

"Good 'Ol " Victah 1 here! My Dad spent 5 years (1940-45) in France, Holland.Belgium,Italy,North Africa and saw plenty of action with the Royal Canadian Engineers. He was one of the lucky ones, he survived, however most of his Company (16th Field) did not. ( Many Montrealers and Verdun Men)"Bless 'em ALL, the long and the short and the Tall!" His Father, (me Granpa) served with the Highlanders in WW1, in France. He survived, too, (From Newfoundland Roots they were) I remember those tough years in Verdun, hoping he'd come home. "Je Me Souviens!" That's what that expression means to me!
Terry Kelly is a Newfoundlnd singer/song writer... a major talent, who is blind.  I'm sure you'll enjoy both reading about him and his video singing, "A Pittance of Time."  (There are a few other videos for those of you with MPEG capabilities.) Just go to the site and click on Videos at the left of page.
 

No comments: