Sunday, May 1, 2005

Fifth Avenue Theatre

The Fifth Avenue Theatre used to have Rock and Roll Bands performing at 3:00 PM on Saturday afternoons. Johnny Mulalley(spelling) used to perform and was very good. I used to meet Johnny at Greenwood Racetrack in Toronto. There was another performer who was an Elvis impersonater and he was in my class in Grade 10 at Verdun High School. Lloyd Sevigny was his name. Has anyone ever heard anything about this performer? He was the best as far as I was concerned.
 
Would appreciate any any on Lloyd.
 
Reggie Paine
 

4 comments:

bevkane MSN said...

Hi Reggie,  I remember Johnny Mullaly but not the other person.  I also went to school with you and was a neighbour of Maureen.  I remember going to the Fifth Avenue Theatre on a Saturday or Sunday  for 50 cents.  That was my weeks allowance.  I worked really hard for that too.

regtheretiree1 MSN said...

Hi Beverley,   Nice to hear from you. Maureen and I often talk about the girl with a great personality and always had a smile on her face. That was you. Do you remember Beverley Emard who lived across the street from you I think the same block as Winston Alliston? Does she still live in Verdun? We visit Verdun a few times each year and drive down Claude St.then Third Ave etc. Brings back a lot of memories. We will be celebrating our 39 wedding anniversary this June and I still do not get 50 cents allowance. So you were very lucky.   Reggie Paine

give_me_one_1 MSN said...

I remember going there for the Norman Dawe awards some years.         Steve

bevkane MSN said...

Hi Reggie,  Nice to hear from you.  I was friends with Rose Emard.  Her sister Bev was a little younger than I am.  I live in Toronto now and seldom get the chance to go to Montreal.  I do try to get there at least once a year.  We just celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary so congratulations to you and Maureen for 39 years.