Sunday, January 16, 2005

911 Calls


911 telephone calls

Dispatcher: 9-1-1 What is your emergency? Caller: I heard what sounded like
gunshots coming from the brown house on the corner. Dispatcher: Do you have an
address? Caller: No, I'm wearing a blouse and slacks, why?


Dispatcher: 9-1-1 What is your emergency? Caller: Someone broke into my house
and took a bite out of my ham and cheese sandwich. Dispatcher: Excuse me?
Caller: I made a ham and cheese sandwich and left it on the kitchen table and
when I came back from the bathroom, someone had taken a bite out of it.
Dispatcher: Was anything else taken? Caller: No, but this has happened to me
before and I'm sick and tired of it.


Dispatcher: 9-1-1 What is your emergency? Caller: Hi, is this the Police?
Dispatcher: This is 9-1-1. Do you need police assistance? Caller: Well, I don't
know who to call. Can you tell me how to cook a turkey? I've never cooked
one
before.


Dispatcher: 9-1-1 Fire or emergency? Caller: Fire, I guess. Dispatcher: How can
I help you sir? Caller: I was wondering.....does the Fire Dept. put snow chains
on their trucks? Dispatcher: Yes sir, do you have an emergency? Caller: Well,
I've spent the last 4 hours trying to put these chains on my tires and...
well..
do you think the Fire Dept. could come over and help me? Dispatcher: Help you
what? Caller: Help me get these chains on my car!


Dispatcher: 9-1-1 What is the nature of your emergency? Caller: I'm trying to
reach nine eleven but my phone doesn't have an eleven on it. Dispatcher:
This is
nine eleven. Caller: I thought you just said it was nine-one-one Dispatcher:
Yes, ma'am nine-one-one and nine-eleven are the same thing. Caller: Honey,
I may
be old, but I'm not stupid.


Dispatcher: 9-1-1 What's the nature of your emergency? Caller: My wife is
pregnant and her contractions are only
two minutes apart. Dispatcher: Is this
her first child? Caller: No, you idiot! This is her husband!


And the winner is..........

Dispatcher: 9-1-1 Caller: Yeah, I'm having trouble breathing. I'm all out of
breath. Darn....I think I'm going to pass out. Dispatcher: Sir, where are you
calling from? Caller: I'm at a pay phone. North and Foster. Damn......
Dispatcher: Sir, an ambulance is on the way. Are you an asthmatic? Caller: No
Dispatcher: What were you doing before you started having trouble breathing?
Caller: Running from the Police.




Do you Yahoo!?

The all-new My Yahoo! – Get yours free!



No comments: