Thursday, December 23, 2004

Hi!

I'm Shirley (Meyers) Moore.  I lived in Verdun from 1952 to 1965.  I attended Riverview School from '57 to '64.  It's been a while since I've heard from anyone who went to school with me.  I have kept in touch with one though throughout the years and we are still best of friends.  Does anyone remember Rosalind Brockie?  The only other names I can recall at this moment are Linda May, Susan Titus, Mitch Morrison and Bruce Field.  Anne Yoeman and Elaine Kerner were a couple of the teachers I had and of course, Mrs Sugarman.  She was my kindergarten teacher.  Funny how one remembers some and not others.
 
Anyhoo, I now live in a small town in Ontario.  My husband of 30 years passed away a few years ago.  I have two kids, who aren't really "kids" anymore.  They are both married and each have a little one...........making me a Grandmother!
 
I would love to hear from anyone who might remember me or any of the people I have mentioned.  It would be so nice to reconnect with some old friends.
 
Shirley

3 comments:

johnnyo MSN said...

Hi Shirley,   I also attended Riverview School during the same time period though I think a year later from 58 - 65 though not 100% sure. My name is John O'Sullivan. I have an older sister Kathy who was one year ahead of me so you might know her.   Here's a list of my teacher's at Riverview though not sure of some of the spellings or wheather they were Miss, or Mrs. in some cases. You may have had some of the same.   Kindergarten: Mrs Sugarman grade 1  Miss parnell grade 2  Mrs Lakowitz grade 3 Miss Holden grade 4 Miss Kerner grade 5 Mrs Legg grade 6 Miss Yoeman  (my favorite) grade 7 Mrs Stops   How's that for memory eh!   Oh ya and for Music Miss Foot I was is her choir from grade five through seven   I thought the choir was a little whimpish but It was great for getting out of regular classes. I was one of those students who preferred the gym (Mr. Cleary gym teacher) and school yard to the class room.   Some classmates names I remember were Warren Edwards always had the highest marks. He was on the Reach For The Top team in High School (VHS) that went to the national finals along with Gerry Kobolenko also in my classes from Riverview.  Ricky Hamilton, Bobby Balis, Buddy Boyd, Murray Thompson, great in art, Gary Hopwood-Jones, who I still keep in contact somewhat, Marlyn Cooper, the best female student, Nancy Hederson the cutest and a whole host of others that don't immedieately come to mind. Any of those ring a bell?   John

laurie19540 MSN said...

This message has been deleted by the author.

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Diane Sparks, I attended Riverview Scholol from 1952 to 1959. I remember a few of the teachers, in particular Miss Yuada (correct spelling?) Grade 1, Mrs. Sugarman, Mrs. Stopps, Miss Foot, Mrs. Barbara Brazeau, Mrs. Hewitt (from the UK), so many years ago!! (My brother Barry Sparks also attended, started 1957 timeframe).