Friday, November 12, 2004

Lighten up.


Have you been guilty of looking at others your own age and
thinking, "Surely I can't look that old?"
I was sitting in the waiting room for my first appointment
with a new dentist. I noticed his DDS diploma, which bore his full
name. Suddenly, I remembered a tall, handsome, dark-haired boy with the
same name had been in my high school class some 40-odd years ago. Upon
seeing him, however, I quickly discarded any such
thought. This balding, gray-haired man with the deeply lined face 'was
way too old to have been my classmate. After he examined my teeth, I
asked him if he had attended Lawton Senior High school. "Yes. Yes, I
did. I'm a Wolverine." he gleamed with pride. "When did you graduate?"
I asked. He answered, "In 1961. Why do you ask?" "You were in my
class!" I exclaimed. He looked at me closely. Then, that ugly, old,
wrinkled son-of-a-bitch asked, "What did you teach?"

2 comments:

shirleybh2 MSN said...

Someone sent me that in an email a while ago - it still is funny.  

secondave MSN said...

http://www.scrolllock.nl/