Tuesday, April 6, 2004

re photos stroll down memory lane---GROVERS

Hey Jim;


          My aunt and uncle lived above Grovers in the early sixties I believe it was, Bill and Marjorie Gilbert, as well as a son Lloyd. Did you possibly know them?
   


                                      Ralph.





>From: "kungfu" >Reply-To: "Verdun Connections" >To: "Verdun Connections" >Subject: Re: re photos stroll down memory lane >Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 16:55:28 -0700 >


MSN 8 with With MSN Premium Get 2 Months FREE*

5 comments:

kungfu MSN said...

I had moved by then and was in the CAnadian Navy . jimmy .

alanarchie MSN said...

Hi Jim,

While you served, did you know Frank Walton from the Pointe?

kungfu MSN said...

Hi Al , Yes , frankie and I were good friends, used to visit his house on Charron Street in the Point, His sister married one of my best friends Ralph McNiff , who was a fantastic hockey player, Ralph Backstrom used to live with McNiff on 3rd avenue when they were playing Junior Hockey ,I believe Ralph McNiff passed away in Forida last year, have not heard from Frankie since my navy days , Jimmy

alanarchie MSN said...

Hi Jim,

Frankie is my cousin. His mom (my Aunt Ethel)& mine were sisters. Aunt Ethel passed away a few weeks back, unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it up to Toronto. Frank and his wife Faye lived in the Barrie area while he worked in Toronto for CNCP TeleCom. Wilma and Ralph lived in Oakville. You are right, Ralph passed away while on vacation in Florida.
Small world isn't it!
Alan

kungfu MSN said...

Sure is Alan,The Frankie I remember was a fantastic guy, we hung pretty close fora year or so in my Canadian Navy days, we were on the St Laurent to gether and travelled a lot , Have not seen him for over 40 years  hang tough Jimmy