Monday, April 19, 2004

I'M A GRANDMOTHERRRRRR! (of a sort hehe)

BESSEY HAD HER BABY!!!

I'm a GRANDMOTHER!! LOLOL
OMG the calf is SO CUTE, it looks a lot like Bessey, black with a white head. I didn't get pics cuz I wasn't expecting it hehe...of course. :-P I went to feed the cows earlier and they all came up to eat...except Bessey. After dinner I walked up with Alli to see if Bessey had come up but she hadn't, so I got Rick to drive me up on the back mountain where they've been hanging around and I saw her with the little one beside her. Yeah...it made me cry...lol. She wouldn't let me near it tho.  Didn't try to butt me away or anything but walked away with it at her side. I couldn't even see if it was a boy or a girl, cuz I was so excited and it was so quick. I just left her alone as that's what it seems she wanted but tomorrow I can promise you I'll be up there snapping pics. LOTS of them! hehe
Probably use up my whole memory card. :-P
Just thought I'd let ya's know! :-)
Watching my Montreal Canadiens right now who are going to beat the Boston Bruins asses tonight hehe so I shall return laterrrrrrrrrr

Luv, Sharon


6 comments:

patricia_geinno1 MSN said...

congradulation sorta grandma. this will be your favourite calf. i am an animal lover, even make peanut butter sandwitches for the wild racoons.we have 5 now and my hubby built them a house on our roof. this is what the miracle of life is about. tell me her or his name when you have one.  happyness to you and the baby and momma . luv patsy

winnie3ave MSN said...


Congradulations grandma. That is udderly fantastic. ANDDDDDDDDDDDDD  the habs made history. Down 3 to 1 and came back to win. WOWWW     Winston Allison

FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now!

sharon_starr MSN said...

LOL Thanks Patricia. Actually BESSEY is/was my fav calf. That's why I am so close to her. When I first visited here 3 years ago,  she was just 3 months old and her Mama died so I took care of her. She's friendly and gentle and the only cow in out whole herd of 35 that you can actually touch and pet. There's a pic of her with my 2 girls in my photo album here (page 2) if you wanna see her hehe. Now SHE has just given birth and you're right THIS calf is very special to me too. I'm just PRAYING that it isn't a male cuz if it is, it will end up on my plate one day, as we run a beef farm here. I've already told my hubby to forget about US eating beef for a year if it ends up that way...lol. There's no way that I could ever eat a steer that was Bessey's baby. Funny that YOU have 5 wild raccoons that come around, cuz WE also have 3...a Mama and her 2 young un's. I have pics of them on our back stoop here that I will post tomorrow if you like.  They're very friendly, but my hubby has put the fear of God into me about rabies that raccoons can carry, so I enjoy them without touching them. I can stand there tho, and they will all walk right around me and sniff me and sit up and look and me and "speak" to me too...lol...they're so cute. check for pics of Bessey's calf AND the coons tomorrow! Luv, Sharon

sharon_starr MSN said...

"Udderly" eh? oh *groooooooan* how witty hehehe. But oh my God YES the HABS were INCREDIBLE tonight! In all....BOTH teams played a FANTASTIC gme if you ask me...but of course --- the better team won! Luv, Sharon

sharon_starr MSN said...

Here Patricia...here's our three lol.  

patricia_geinno1 MSN said...

hi sharon, my hubby and i loved the pictures of your racoons. i feed mine out of my hand, peanuts and have never been bitten. checked with our vet and he said we could tell if they had rabies. saw your pic. of  betsy, she is beautiful. cant wait to see her baby. have fun luv patsy