Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Miles Hi Again


Well, I finally got my computer back, it was sick.  My mom was the one who told me when we were teenagers how we were related, I guess she knew your parents.  My grandmother was Bea Murphy, who was my Dad's mom.  I have a zillion cousins all over Pt. St. Charles and Verdun. You mentioned my cousin Blair, we were very close to his family growing up and we took his passing very hard. Gail and I loved to tag behind him, remember we were 3 yrs younger and probably a pain.  But he always protected us.  My Aunt lives in Ville LaSalle with Gail, her husband and kids.  They were the ones I always hung with and showed me the ropes around Verdun when I moved there from St. Hubert (where I grew up on Cornwall ST).  It was through Blair and his buddies I met my first "Hell's Angel", at his club house.  My older brother Billy and his family (wife and 3 boys) live on Monte St. Hubert, my sister Marian Murphy Gilmore,her husband and 3 boys live on Robinson St.  When I think of home, it is St.Hubert and then Verdun. You had to have known my ex husband Alan Brewis, we hung around with Danny Manning who is now an English teacher in Pensylvania. He has a 4 year old daughter named Elizabeth. With the crap we did as teenagers I was surprised he was still alive, let alone an English teacher!!! his email address is dmanning012@hotmail.com


Ian Davison and Brian McCullum were two we hung around with too.  I looked your wife up in the '74 year book. Loved the burb for you. Nice to see that some were with their true loves.  Thought I'd be married forever but learned the hard way that marriage vows were not etched in stone. I am on the hockey team in the '74 yearbook and there is my class photo too.




 


>From: "GRIDIRONBOSSMAN"
>Reply-To: "Verdun Connections"
>To: "Verdun Connections"
>Subject: Re: Miles Hi
>Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 07:44:16 -0800
>


Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8.

2 comments:

coachbim MSN said...

hi colleen, well your grandma bea is a realative of my dads side,i think the only time i met her was at family funerals.as for cornwall street i can walk there from where i live im about 5 minutes away.i did know your husband from back in the day.he lived on osborne i think near the davidsons,the mccollams and the maccoloms.there was another guy there too phil maxwell.i remember dan manning also from that time frame,i happy to hear that he made something of his life,a school teacher is hard to believe but at this time in life ill believe just about anythimg.was in verdun yesterday for the funeral of mrs hurley the mother of steve david chris and doug.seen a few old friends there.yes the wife did memtion me in her yearbook as did i.we will be 25 years married this june.i will check out her year book too check u out.i remember u very well but i just need a face.u have any updated photos that u would like to share.its always good to hear from old pals from the past and since coming in here and the vhs yahoo group i have dug up a couple.sure is nice to hear from people after all these years.stay in touch,i dont think i will be around in another 30 when ppl might start looking. have a great day B-SAFE   BIM

the lad MSN said...

Hi   Colleen you mentioned Blair had passed away. Can you tell me when and what happened. I knew him when he had his Mustang...we used to cruise with him.   Lad