Thursday, February 5, 2004

Hi Lorna! Welcome! :-)

Hi Lorna welcome to the group! I'm Sharon Starr (nee Edwards), assistant manager here to Maggie McKiernon the owner of Verdun Connections.  I don't remember any of the names that you have mentioned, but I certainly do remember the dances at Dawson's and Barry's Fish and Chips place. What years would we be talking about that you lived there? And where are you now? I just left Verdun in June after being there for 43 years. Now live in the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains in Virginia with my hubby. I'm 44 now, how old are you if you don't mind me asking. I have a feeling a bit older than I, no?
Please make yourself at home...check out all the photos and add some of you if you like. It's always nice to put a face to the words, ya know?
Again welcome to Verdun Connections. You are sure to rekindle many memories!
Luv, Sharon

1 comment:

kiniki_1 MSN said...

Hi Sharon.....I lived on Argyle Ave until I was fourteen in 1962....then parents bought a duplex on Rolland....lived there until 1970.  I used to go to the Dawson dances all the time.  Hung out with Geraldine Featherstone....Nancy McCallum...Carol Kane to name a few.  Seems to me there were a couple of other girls too....Jean Black and Lyn Jennings.   I live in cornwall, Ont now...Have been here for the past couple of years.....   Hugs.....Lorna