Saturday, August 30, 2003

A Question for those who left Verdun

This is a question for those of you who left Verdun and are now in other parts of the world.
I see many ex-Verdunites on this list who are now in the U.S. and one in Australia even! I myself am now in Virginia, and I'm interested in knowing how you came to end up in the U.S.
Anyone care to share?
My story is that 3 and a half years ago, I was in a Yahoo chatroom, and some gentleman from the U.S. messaged me. We began to chat and a friendly relationship ensued. After about 6 months we realized that something was developing between us that we couldn't deny LOL. It was hard tho...750 miles separated us, but we made plans to meet face to face and did not long after. To make a long story short, after a very long and difficult long-distance relationship that lasted 3 years, we were married finally 3 weeks ago and I am in the process of getting landed immigrant status.
So now this Verdunite is a cowgirl in Virginia hehe.
Who's NEXT to tell your story?!
Luv, Sharon

3 comments:

glennf MSN said...

Hi Sharon,   I am the one in Australia, Melbourne to be precise. I ended up here as part of a transfer from work, I was working at IBM in Toronto and attended a conference in Austin Texas where I was introduced to an IBM'er from Melbourne. It so happened that we both were working on Mobile Phone systems and he asked if I would consider a transfer to Australia. Well to make a long stort short, that was in 1999 and I have been here for 4 years, the contract has ended and I will be returning to Toronto on September 12th of this year. 4 years of no winters and I am heading back into one, I'm going to freeze.   Glenn Frappier

sharon_starr MSN said...

Hi Glenn, thanks for answering my question! Work...ok that makes sense. Poor you...heading into a Canadian winter UGH! Afetr 4 years in AUSTRALIA?! DOUBLE UGH! hehe Oh but you're an ex-Verdunite, you will survive. So tell us about Australia....is it every bit as wonderful as I think it is? Do you really see kangaroos hopping around and koalas in the trees? Have you picked up the fabulous accent and lingo? Did you MEET MEL GIBSON????????? LOL Luv, Sharon

bubbacut MSN said...

This message has been deleted due to termination of membership.